Duties & Responsibilities
IT is responsible for:
- Providing technical support to all Town departments
- Providing support for all network, work stations, software, printers, phones and a/v equipment
- Assisting users with software training
- GIS mapping and Bluffton Explorer
- Maintaining current information on the Town websites
The mission of the Town of Bluffton IT Department is to serve as the catalyst for technological change and innovation, through shared and integrated information systems. Our GIS department provides quality geospatial information to aid our citizens and government in making fully informed decisions. We provide detailed PDF maps and web applications so that our audience can find the information they need quickly.
Always work S.M.A.R.T.E.R. regarding all technology related goals, objectives, and initiatives; they will be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time Constrained, Evaluated, and when appropriate, Reevaluated to provide the best value possible.
Goals & Objectives
- Website development and Bluffton Explorer expansion and development.
- Improve community awareness and governmental transparency through the use of advanced technology.
- To provide customer support in an efficient and courteous manner.